Friday, August 12, 2011

A taste of Thailand

Before leaving for our trip to Southeast Asia I was, hands down, most excited about the food in Thailand. In Austin, one of my favorite spots has always been a hole in the wall eatery called "Thai Kitchen" where I was first introduced to the ever popular Pad Thai. However, as I got older and more brave in my foodie adventures, I began straying from the noodles and tasting other dishes.

I can honestly say that from the moment we stepped into Thailand, the food did not disappoint! Tasty morsels and seducing smells can be found in every nook and cranny of the Thai capital of Bangkok. The most common eateries are the hundreds, if not thousands, of food stalls located throughout every neighborhood of the city. Unlike the street food in Myanmar and Beijing, the food stalls along the streets of Bangkok seemed less intimidating, and somehow safer for us white folks from the west to stomach. Between shopping and sightseeing in Bangkok, Carl and I sampled tons of street food, sophisticated restaurant food, and a few things in between. The next few posts are dedicated to some of our favorite finds in Bangkok and the rest of Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment